Sunday, March 2, 2014

Dancing on Starlight in Mandarin

I mentioned previously that I find it a little odd that more people don't use flexi to accentuate their mesh and to be honest, I just miss flexi altogether. The other night I had time and money to go out looking for dresses or gowns which had appliers but which also had a skirt that could be called a skirt in my view.

Maybe it's just because I have been in SL long enough to remember when flexi was a new and exciting designer option but I honestly do miss flexi and would love to see more of it in today's designs, whether mixed with mesh or not.

So, on my hunt to find some outfits/dres2es like this... I found VHD, aka Vanity House of Designs. I was pleased ... and excited. I bought several items and even went back to buy some more, plus joined the group.

This dress is called "Retro Starlight dress in Mandarin", it also comes in two other colors and you can buy them as a three pack. They also come with pumps, appliers for breast and booty and the price is very reasonable.


I made a composite of these two shots so hopefully you can see a little bit of the movement of the skirt. I didn't realize until I put it on that it has this lovely frothy white underskirt to it - and it looks great when dancing. The dress is made as a body suit with the skirt attached and it works beautifully. 

You also get two versions of the skirt, one scripted with sit positions etc. For we applier needing ladies, it comes with a few different appliers including Phat Azz, Tango and Brazilian. I am actually wearing the Ghetto Booty V1 with this which it is easy to use phat azz appliers with a little work for ghetto booty. 

The dress comes with shoes as I said but I ended up wearing my brand new Newell heels for Slink High mesh feet. I bought the fatpack and there are so many choices it takes TWO pages on the hud to cover them all. You can change pretty much any part of the shoe to whatever color you want. Amazing and I thought this was a perfect match for the dress. 

Here's a closer shot of the shoes and also a little better look at that skirt. 


Bear in mind that these shoes are made to work in tandem with the Slink High AvEnhance feet so you have to buy the feet at Slink and then the shoes at CandyDoll


Here's a little closer look to see that wow that is one daring bodice! And it also dips down low in the back with some sparkles spreading over your spine. I'm wearing items from Zuri that are from this week's Fifty5Thursday. Not sure how much longer they will be out.  They are the Coral Pearl and Gold pieces, necklace, bracelet and earrings sold separately but I think they make a nice match with the dress without being *too* matchy matchy.


I took a quick shot of the back of the dress so you could see what I mean, as well as the back of the hair. This hair is from Red Mint, it's the #18'14. It comes with the little heart hairpin and a hud that allows you to change the front wispy bits to your liking.

This is all taken on my patio. The house is by Tiki Tattoo.  My poses are from Label Motion.

To see all details and slurls for this outfit, please click below. Thanks for reading!



the details

-my basics
shape - Belissima Kallie (VERY modified)
mesh hands and feet - Slink (see above for slurl)
mesh breasts - Lolas Tango Mirage
mesh booty - Ghetto Booty by Ursula Luckless
eyes - Ikon Promise eyes in Glass
skin - Evon Tan skin by Lara Hurley Skin
hair - no. 18'14 by RedMint in blondes (See above)


-the outfit
dress - Retro Starlight Dress in Mandarin by VHD (see above for slurl)
shoes - Newell heels fatpack by CandyDoll (see above for slurl)

-accessories
necklace, earrings, bracelet by Zuri's Jewelry - Coral Pearl Gold - (see above for slurl)
piercings - Stellar and Quixotic by Cute Poison
lashes - MC Falsies set 1 by Mon Cheri
tattoo layer - pout lipgloss brights by Pink Fuel in Orange
nail applier polish - Candy Swirls by Klepsydra




No comments:

Post a Comment